Our southern resident orcas (killer whales) are in big trouble. They are starving from lack of food (salmon), and affected by chemicals and noise in Puget Sound.
Human actions affect salmon habitat. Our development can clog or take away the streams they need to breed.
Chemicals used upstream in farms, homes or industry wash down the watershed.
Farmed salmon can escape and impact local wild salmon.
- Eat sustainable, wild-caught salmon – ask before you buy.
- Try going vegetarian for a day each week.
- Support local, organic farms and open spaces.
- Avoid yard chemicals and clean up your local stream.
- Watch for wildlife! Spot birds, whales, fish and more.
- Plant a rain garden to filter pollution going into the Sound