- This event has passed.
Save Salmon Rally & March
March 26, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Speak up to save salmon from extinction! Join local environmental groups to rally for the removal of Snake River dams to save wild salmon. Speakers, swag, video ops and more. (We’ll bring our orca lanterns!!)
- Meet 10am at Philip Hall, UW Tacoma, 1900 Commerce St
- Hear from regional leaders about how to save salmon for orcas and people
- Then march to offices of Sen. Cantwell and Murray, and Rep. Kilmer
- Ends 12:30pm
- THEN: Spend the afternoon at the Salmon Send-Off community celebration at Swan Creek! Learn more here.
We have never had such a historic opportunity for salmon and orca. U.S. Senator Patty Murray and Gov. Jay Inslee have committed to providing a comprehensive draft plan by mid-May for replacing the services of the dams. Then they will decide if they support the removal of the dams by July 31, 2022. They need our support. This will be the largest wildlife restoration project in the United States today.
- Annette Bryan, Council Member, Puyallup Tribe of Indians
- Alyssa Macy, CEO of Washington Environmental Council and Washington Conservation Voters, and member of the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs
- Kristin Ang, Commissioner, Port of Tacoma
- Mandy Apa, Environment Washington, University of Puget Sound graduate
- Robb Krehbiel, event emcee, local activist and conservationist
At the event, please consider adding your voice to our short video testimonials to say why you care about removing the lower Snake River dams or why this moment is so urgent. We have a professional videographer waiting to record your 10-second testimonial.
Rally led by Save our Wild Salmon, with the Sierra Club, 350 Tacoma, Earth Ministry, Washington Environmental Council, Communities for a Healthy Bay, Indivisible Tacoma, Good Old Broads for Wilderness, Backbone Campaign, Washington Conservation Voters and Tacoma Ocean Fest.